The kids have been begging to make their own YouTube videos, so today we caved and they made their first cooking video. Give it a like below and let us know what we should make next!
Shredded Delight Slaw Style Salad
A simple broccoli and carrot slaw style salad. Makes a great base to add other veggies, toss with your favorite dressing or add to any stir fry.
Servings: 6 People
- 6 Whole Carrots
- 2 Stalks of Broccoli
- Wash all carrots and broccoli then pat dry.
- Chop ends of carrots and peel outer layer of carrots until bright and orange. Cut carrots into 4-5" sections. Set aside.
- Chop stalks off of broccoli and peel down to a smooth layer. Pending size of stalks, cut into 4" sections. Set aside. Chop broccoli florets into 4" sections and set aside as well.
- Place prepared veggie sections into food processor or shred by hand with a mandolin.
- Toss shredded broccoli and carrots together.
- To serve: toss in olive oil, a favorite dressing, or add more chopped veggies, nuts, or fruits for a complete salad. For a modern slaw, toss in a chipotle mayo or Yum Yum sauce.